Advanced Hydra Gel
The Mamaku Advanced Hydra Gel is a powerful rapid hydrator restoring the skin back to its natural appearance. Lightly apply the Mamaku Advanced Hydra Gel to the affected areas. Allow for the Gel to absorb into the skin for effective hydration. Recommended to use Morning and Night.
This product has been scientifically proven to rapidly hydrate disrupted skin and improve moisture levels by over 50% above normal. Our own unique and specially created Ora Mamaku Extract acts as a concentrated booster shot of cooling hydration, diminishing irritation and enhancing the barrier function of the skin.
Ingredients: Aqua, Cyathea Medullaris Leaf (Mamaku) Extract, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Citric Acid.
Free of Steriods, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Petroleum, Colour Additives, Parabens, Chemical Ingredients, Chemical Preservatives.
What is the best skincare routine to help care for eczema?
Skin care for eczema can require a little experimentation — what works for you may not work for others. We recommend using a gentle cleanser free of harsh surfactants, fragrances, and essential oils, which may be sensitising. Next, apply Advanced Hydra Gel to replenish your skin’s hydration and help soothe irritation. Follow with an occlusive moisturiser that will maintain a strong barrier and prevent trans-epidermal weight loss. Lastly, apply broad coverage and high SPF for exceptional sun protection.
How often should you moisturise your skin to help care for eczema?
Moisturising as part of your twice-daily skincare regime will best help care for eczema — especially within three minutes after bathing. When combined with our Advanced Hydra Gel treatment, you can effectively seal in hydration and help prevent water from evaporating, which further dries out your skin.
However, a flare-up can occur anytime, so applying our Advanced Hydra Gel Treatment at any time as needed will give you the soothing relief you need.
How can I improve my skin with eczema?
Eczema is a chronic skin condition that’s incredibly sensitive to various genetic, lifestyle, and environmental factors that can trigger a flare-up at any time. To ensure your skin is calmed, soothed, and blemish-free, we’ve formulated our Mamaku products with the ingredients Māori communities have relied on for generations.
With potent skin-enriching bioactives that balance restorative care, our natural skincare for eczema helps protect your skin barrier, injects deep hydration and infuses antioxidants to manage oxidative stress.
How do I take care of my skin after an eczema flare-up?
Avoiding a flare-up can be just as hard as managing them — for the best natural care for eczema, we recommend the following:
- Avoid known irritants — Ingredients such as Cocamidopropyl betaine, fragrance, petroleum, colour additives, as well as urea, lanolin, retinoids (vitamin A) and dehydrating alcohols are known to inflame, irritate and dry out the skin.
- Use creams and ointments — Creams and ointments are some of the best skin care for eczema as they have a higher oil content, providing a firm barrier to prevent trans-epidermal water loss.
- Bathing — To prevent further inflammation, you can help care for eczema by bathing in lukewarm water and moisturising your skin within three minutes after your shower.
- Prevent breaking the skin — Keeping nails short and drying off after a shower by patting the skin instead of rubbing will help protect your skin barrier, prolonging the effects of an eczema flare-up.
- Avoiding sugar — Diets high in sugar and complex carbohydrates can increase the chance of inflammation. By reducing your sugar intake, you can more easily maintain a diet that is less likely to cause flare-ups.